Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day Fun

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a fun (and safe!) St Patrick’s Day! Our friends invited Shane and I to go to the St. Patrick’s Day festival on the Emerald Isle yesterday morning. We originally had plans to stay home and clean the house, but those flew out the window. Next thing you know, we’re decked out in green and ready to go!

SPD

The festival was okay, lots of carnival-type food and local businesses who had set up shop. My biggest complaint was there were so many people packed into such a small space, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. Honestly, I was just so glad to get outside and enjoy some beautiful weather! I even found this gem at one of the stands.

SPD3

Yeah, I can’t wait to hang that sucker up! Lol. I was also on a mission to drink green beer this year, since I’ve never done that. Yes, I know it’s just food coloring in beer, that’s not the point! I’ve always wanted to, but every SPD since I’ve turned 21 I’ve either had duty, was working, or was deployed. So I decided this was the year. We went to a local bar/restaurant here on the island because our friend has been raving about its food since we moved here, and they had a bagpipe player.

The waitress comes and takes our drinks order, lo and behold, I guess it’s illegal here to put food coloring in beer, so no green beer. Boo. Oh well, Shane and I just ordered melon-tinis to get our festive on. I ended up drinking both of them, since he wasn’t a big fan. Our friend was right about the food, though. It was phenomenal! We plan on going back for one of their trivia nights.

SPD2

We came home and relaxed the rest of the evening. All in all, a pretty great day! Today we’re cleaning the house and grocery shopping. I’m also going to squeeze in a run, I mean, how can you say no to this?!

SPD4

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! You and the beach. I never knew it was illegal to put food coloring into beer in places. Interesting... I'm glad it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Love! It makes my heart happy. :)