Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thar She Glowz

Hey guys!

Just taking a quick break from college football [and by that I mean, I’m still sitting right in front of my tv watching games in HD] to show you guys the nifty thing I did today!

Have I mentioned how much I love Krylon spray paints? Because it’s a whole bunch. So far I have tried the Stained Glass version [for another post to come about later], the Frosted Glass version [ditto], and today I wanted to try this little gem.

Glow2

Make something glow in the dark? Why yes. Yes I will.

And why not make it a mini hurricane candle holder [found at the dollar store!]? And while we’re at it, why not make some stars? Thank you felt stickers.

Glow

Just put some stickers on the glass and spray away. I did two coats, and I don’t think I would have needed anymore. Then you use a black cat as a background to really show off the shapes…

Glow3

But does it glow? That’s really the question, and Bagheera was super curious to find out.

Glow4

Score.

Glow5

That was fun. It took about 5 minutes of actively doing something, an hour of waiting to dry, and you have a nifty little decoration. Now all I need is to go get some little candles.

I love this stuff! :)

Oh, how do you guys like the new layout?! I love it. Well, I’m off to watch my Gators. Happy Saturday y’all!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Mr. Fumbles! I am now picturing John Brantley in a clownsuit!

    I love all your craft projects! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love making stuff like that. I really have to get to the craft store :)
    Love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you come up with the most fun ideas! I just love it! Glow-in-the-dark... fabulous!

    And I love the new layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this but I cannot wait to try it! Heading to Michaels! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Love! It makes my heart happy. :)