Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gushing over City of Bones!

 

Hey y’all! Just wanted to stop in and talk about the book I just finished. :)

images

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

If you guys didn’t know, I have a To-Do List (you can see the whole thing on my page!) and one of the tasks is to read 500 books in 5 years. Needless to say, I’ve been slacking!

So I made a trip to the library, and checked this book out, because I’ve been seeing the latest installment in the stores everywhere, and wanted to check it out, since it seems like my kind of book.

This is the summary from the jacket of the book:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.

But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Just like The Hunger Games (remember this post?!) I couldn’t flipping put it down. My mom and I went on a shopping date, and I even stayed in the parking lot (with the ac on!) instead of going into some of the stores. It was really, really good. I need to go back to the library and get the second one.

279231_10150250179052161_548097160_7634129_500948_o

I think I may have to buy the rest, since our library only carries the first two in the series. :( Oh well. I love books, and have no problem adding to my personal library.

Well I really need to get ready for this baby shower, today! I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!! I love finding new books to read and this sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about this series, so I think I'll try it since you liked it so much. Have you read Divergent? I think you would really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Love! It makes my heart happy. :)