Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow Tuesday!

Hey y'all!

This week I'm going to be joining the lovely Cara over Chic Meets Healthy in her weekly link party of How Does Your Garden Grow Tuesdays!

I'm really excited about this, because I just moved back home and was able to start my first garden! :)

I picked up some potted vegetables (because I REALLY want to grow something I can eat!) and some lavender. I love lavender a whole bunch! We decided to plant them along a fence because a lot of kids run through my yard, and we were afraid they might trample them!


I had to start from scratch in the grass, and our shovel is super dull... So, it was kind of difficult! Haha. That or I'm just a weakling. Probably option B.


Then I set out planting the plants into the ground! I did leave the Basil in a ceramic pot, though. Which is good, because it's started wilting a little. It is a plant that does well in full sun, but Florida is in the high 90s right now, and is super dry, so we were getting worried, and had to move it.


I had so much fun, but I did learn that I need some bug spray. Not for my plants, but for ME! Haha. I was eaten up by mosquitoes!


I can't wait to see some results!!

Are y'all gardening this year? Have you joined up with Cara!?



3 comments:

  1. i feel like herbs do really well in potted containers! both of mine are! and your bell pepper plants are HUGE!!!

    thank you for linking up! i cant wait to see the result!

    good thing you planted right next to a fence, it will help you keep the tomato vines up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh go you!! I can't wait to see how much it grows! I know it will be great. We're planting a garden eventually but gotta get this dang fence up first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh you go girl! I want to garden soo bad, I live in Washington and the only good time to do so is summer because otherwise it's too rainy! Maybe I should get on the gardening train soon then! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Love! It makes my heart happy. :)