Friday, May 13, 2011

Trader Joe's and New Shoes...

Well, hello, Blogger. Long time, no see.

Hmph. Well that was annoying. But yesterday was a pretty annoying day all around, so I guess it was just par for the course. It started out pretty nice, though. I went exploring, and the goal for the day was to hunt down a Trader Joe's. I was hoping they would have Kombucha (Is that how you spell it?!) but alas, they didn't. I was also searching for some sulfate-free body wash. I have been looking for some of this for a few days now, since I have a serious problem with break outs (TMI, I know.), and was told sulfates can cause that. I'm not really what you would call a "hippie", so I wasn't really looking for anything vegan or such, just sulfate free.

Pssssh, talk about impossible. I couldn't find anything. So I went to the one place I knew I could find some... A health food natural store. And sure enough, they had quite a selection! I ended up going with TraderJoe's brand Tea Tree Tingle body wash. It wasn't very expensive, so that was a plus!

Trader Joe's didn't have my Kombucha, though, so I asked the clerk where I could find some, and she sent me to another natural foods store called Heritage, and they had it! Woot! They had a whole bunch of flavors, but at $4 a pop, I only got three. I got the Trilogy, Guava, and Strawberry. So far I have only tried the Trilogy, and I loved it. It was not like anything I've ever had, but it was really yummy.
Then I went to the Exchange and went searching for some summer Clinique products, and picked up some bronzer and some sunless tanner. I am nervous to use the sunless tanner yet, though, since I'm scared to do it alone. So Ellie is going to be blessed enough to lend a girl a hand. Or two. :) Lucky her!
The rest of the day was downhill, but I did pick up the movie No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman, it was wonderful. I seriously loved it, and am glad I purchased it. I thought it was really clever, funny, and sweet. I highly recommend watching this movie. I also started what will be a blanket while watching this movie. It just kind of looks like a snake right now, though...

Today was better, I spent the morning at the doctors, getting even closer to getting out of the Navy! Next Friday, y'all! I was told today I have perfect cholesterol. The doctor told me my numbers pretty much couldn't get any better. That made me feel pretty great. :)

I came back and took a pretty stellar nap, and then went in search of new running shoes. I needed some new ones, and wanted to get them in time to break them in before my race next weekend. I initially went thinking I was going to get Nike Free's, but I actually didn't like them. They were super-duper light, and I loved that, but they were weird feeling on the tops of my toes, like the seam was cutting into my skin. So I figured if they felt uncomfortable just walking around the store, they would feel even worse running a few miles.

So I ended up getting a different type of Nike and I love them soooooo much. I ran (slash walked) 3.25 miles today, and it was like running on clouds. I am a super big fan. It doesn't hurt that they are really cute, too! :) I also bought some Nike socks (since my running socks are getting kinda threadbare..) and i noticed they have 'L' and 'R' on the sock. Which I thought was funny. So I snapped a picture, sorry it came out kinda dark.... Haha.

Then I went and sat in the sauna and read my Carrots 'N' Cake book. Sooooo relaxing.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's my last one in the Navy, so we'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

  1. Cool new shoes! Looks like such a fun weekend!
    Can't believe you can read in the sauna!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO PROUD!!!!! My little newly addicted kombucha fan! <3 its such an expensive habit but it makes a world of difference for me! love it!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot find kombucha!!!! Trader joes, new shoes, great numbers at the doc. Sounds like a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find kombucha anywhere, but I so want to try it! Those shoes are so cute, and I really want to see No Strings Attached!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trader Joe's is the shibbity. I love, love, love that place! I also switched away from sulfates because it made my scalp so itchy and dry. I'll never go back!

    What a fun weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Love! It makes my heart happy. :)